Portraits in Watercolor
- Different than many traditional portrait painting courses, learn to use a looser painting style, to create expression and personality.
- Work with skin tones, brushstrokes and eliminate excessive details and build skill to confidently paint your own portraits.
- Focus on skill building, skin tone, eyes, mouth, lips, and personality
- Includes the entire step-by-step process, along with worksheets, reference photos, and scale line drawing, lifetime access.
- Focus on darker skin tones, hands, shadows, instrument and background
- Change and work on shadows, create a different mood than what you see, learn where to draw attention and keep the focus.
Sunshine & Eggs
- Our focus is to work with the hands and face and action of a task, and in the background create soft yet still dramatic light.
Spokane Ladies, just added
- Nov 9 - introduction
- Nov 23 - Trumpet man
- Dec 7 - Figures / Sunshine & Eggs
- Dec 21 - Sunshine & Eggs / Spokane Ladies
2:00 PM (PST) San Francisco
4:00 PM (CST) Chicago
5:00 PM (EST) New York
10:00 PM (BST) England
Time Zone Converter
Birgit O’Connor, is a signature member of CWA-M, LWS-M, NWWS, and is an award winning artist, judge, juror and author of the top-selling North Light books “ Watercolor in Motion”"Paint Watercolor Flowers" and “Watercolor Essentials” along with being included in three other titles. Known for her original paintings and inspirational teaching style. In 2019, she is expanded into portraits which have been well received into international shows. Currently Birgit has reduced here busy traveling schedule so she can continue to develop and build her online courses. She has been included in over 60 national and international publications, the New York Times, SF Gate,Artist Magazine and Watercolor Artist Magazine INK in New Mexico, in the United States, Dobry Zank, (publication in Poland) "L'Art de l'Aquarelle in France. Her memberships include Cambridge Who’s Who, Who's who in America and Who's who in American woman. In 2018 she launched a Podcast "The World of Watercolor Painting" to help support and encourage artists from around the world (available on your favorite podcast app). www.birgitoconnor.com
What Students Say
"I want to thank you for a wonderful class. I know I would not have been able to paint my little cowboy without the lessons that I learned in these classes." Claire Shadow, CO
Frequently Asked Questions
What Students say
"Every course is so rich in learning experiences as well as being just so much fun to see what a brush and paint can do in my hands. :-) ;-) " Gail Gabriel
"This is my 6th course with Birgit in 6 months. What does that say about her instruction? Incredible, as I have been painting for only 14 months and she has brought me so far in just 6." Tina Mewhinney TX
"Your classes are addicting!! LOL" Gay Weston San Diego CA
"The way you teach, I feel I can paint anything...thank you" Gudrun Johnson