Special Event: Star Flower January 4-7
Interactive Masterclass, includes 3 day live focused event along with 2 month access
What Students say:
"DEEP is an inadequate description, WOW. This is a lesson in all aspects of layering and glazing like no other. When I look at these lessons, why I am looking makes me see things so much differently than I have been as a student painter You really have done a very wonderful and complete job with this lesson. I look deeper and see more and understand more now." Trish Kuncewicz
"This painting calls upon all the skills we learned in her floral masterclasses and layers new skills on top of them. Through extremely subtle shading, dramatic layering, intricate negative painting, and intriguing color combinations, the blossoms emerge in all their glory from the carefully designed background. Mastering this painting will take my skills to the next level!" Sue Warnock
3 day focused online workshop
- This is Not a Zoom only meeting
- Go deep into the creative process, and even further than what we can do in an in person workshop.
Why is this different than a normal online course
- Here you will go well beyond basic instruction.
- Learn even more than what I am able to provide in my in person workshops.
- 3 days focused on a single painting via recorded videos along with live meetings
- Live troubleshooting meetings twice a day to ensure progress.
- If you cannot attend meetings, the pre-recorded video lessons are available for 2 months from enrollment date.
- Reference photo and to scale line drawing are provided, we will be painting on a half sheet of paper, (15x22 inches)
- Lessons are downloadable.
3 days that include, two meetings a day, focused on skill building and problem solving
This is not a Zoom live instruction meeting, it's actually better, the lessons are prerecorded so you can work at your own pace, and come to the live meetings to ask your questions. Meeting length will be determined by the questions.
Meetings will be recorded
We will meet in the morning and afternoon to go over your progress.
- Monday Jan 4 - introduction and to go over the course
- Tuesday Jan 5 - problem solving
- (Wed no meeting)
- Thursday Jan 7 - painting reviews
- First meeting / 9am-10am PST
- Second meeting TBD
- Unlike a normal workshop, the access extends beyond the workshop date for a period of 2 months, from the time you enroll to allow you time to complete the project.
Birgit O’Connor, is a signature member of CWA-M, LWS-M, NWWS, and is an award winning artist, judge, juror and author of the top-selling North Light books “ Watercolor in Motion”"Paint Watercolor Flowers" and “Watercolor Essentials” along with being included in three other titles. Known for her original paintings and inspirational teaching style. In 2019, she is expanded into portraits which have been well received into international shows. Currently Birgit has reduced here busy traveling schedule so she can continue to develop and build her online courses. She has been included in over 60 national and international publications, the New York Times, SF Gate,Artist Magazine and Watercolor Artist Magazine INK in New Mexico, in the United States, Dobry Zank, (publication in Poland) "L'Art de l'Aquarelle in France. Her memberships include Cambridge Who’s Who, Who's who in America and Who's who in American woman. In 2018 she launched a Podcast "The World of Watercolor Painting" to help support and encourage artists from around the world (available on your favorite podcast app). www.birgitoconnor.com