Have you ever thought that watercolor was just too hard?
I help beginning painters of all ages, even children, get started in watercolor painting by teaching them to use simple designs and inexpensive materials so they are no longer embarrassed and can have success while having fun!
Keep things really simple
- The original course was primarily designed with children in mind, but with so many adult beginners enjoying the lessons too, I continue to expand on the content into a membership, because it's so much fun !
- Get comfortable with the medium, paint through these lessons, then later if you like, graduate to the next level.
New: The Land Before Time - Dinosaurs
What Students Say
"Even though I am an experienced watercolorist, I couldn’t resist. It looks like so much loose fun. Quick easy lessons to hone my skills. And try new subjects". Maggie Latham
"This is such a remarkable web site, AND YOU HAVE DONE A FANTASTIC JOB PUTTING IT TOGETHER! I have used this “site” every Sunday afternoon with my daughter and we have painted together over ”FACETIME”, I CAN’T BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW EXCITED MY ADULT DAUGHTER AND I HAVE BECOME TO HAVE QUALITY TIME TOGETHER TO PAINT MILES AWAY FROM EACH OTHER! Thank you" Sue Iaquinta
"I've been doing these lessons with my 8-year-old granddaughter, and she's addicted to painting now! Each Saturday, she makes one with me, and then turns it into a card for someone. Thank you" Mary Novik
"The Best Best experience with a watercolor lesson" J Chan
New Just added
Why I am offering this
- My goal is to help those that want to learn about watercolor, in a very simple way, where they can use student grade paint and paper and build a foundation that they can build upon, that is designed for beginners of all ages, at any level, and learn how to keep watercolor fun and uncomplicated.
Build your confidence
- With these easy lessons, anything you do is exciting, new and you’ll be successful, while having fun, and learn so much about the medium.
Paint with friends and family
- What I LOVE about this option is this is a great way to stay connected, with the important people in your life and have a project in common that you can both work on at the same time, and with the virtual options, it just like sitting across the table from each other and you can even share your work.
Keep it simple
- Choose to paint by either the skill level, month or subject, or simply paint whatever you want when you want.
Post to the Gallery
- This is a fun option, and it’s always so much fun to see what everyone has been doing
There is so many wonderful paintings you can do while still having fun, keep it simple, play with the water, and even share with others.
Start with simple flowers, then gradually build your skills.
Here are just a few of the paintings that you can do, then use what you have learned and paint your own paintings.
With more always being added
Frequently Asked Questions
Birgit O’Connor, is a signature member of CWA-M, LWS-M, NWWS, and is an award winning artist, judge, juror and author of the top-selling North Light books “ Watercolor in Motion”"Paint Watercolor Flowers" and “Watercolor Essentials” along with being included in three other titles. Known for her original paintings and inspirational teaching style. In 2019, she is expanded into portraits which have been well received into international shows. Currently Birgit has reduced here busy traveling schedule so she can continue to develop and build her online courses. She has been included in over 60 national and international publications, the New York Times, SF Gate,Artist Magazine and Watercolor Artist Magazine INK in New Mexico, in the United States, Dobry Zank, (publication in Poland) "L'Art de l'Aquarelle in France. Her memberships include Cambridge Who’s Who, Who's who in America and Who's who in American woman. In 2018 she launched a Podcast "The World of Watercolor Painting" to help support and encourage artists from around the world (available on your favorite podcast app). www.birgitoconnor.com